“Dedicated to the fresh ingredients of Okinawa.”
Shabu Shabu presented with a commitment to the treasure trove of unique tastes native to the island.
From local household names in meat such as Ishigaki beef and Agu pork, to our locally farmed vegetables.
We believe that our dishes made fresh together with local ingredients balance out in harmony, bringing the taste experience to its maximum level.
The interior design of our restaurant is also filled out with an entirely Okinawan sensibility.
Our staff in traditional wear are looking forward to meeting you!
• Pedigree-breed Kin Agu Pork.
Among the many breeds of Agu pork, our special selections at NAKAMA specifically hail from the town of Kin. A pedigree species that has a direct lineage traced from the original, Ryukyu native pigs.
<Unique features of the Kin Agu >
- Raised on a diet of locally-produced Bunashimeji Mushrooms and Sake-Kasu also from Kin, Okinawa.
- Soft and Juicy
- Less of a strong odour, as compared to regular breeds of pork
- Because of the high-quality composition of the pork. The Shabu Shabu soup will taste better and last longer (as compared to regular strains of pork).
• Rare-branded Ishigaki Beef
We carefully source and select each batch from local providers, and carefully prepare them to maximize deliciousness.
• Bonito Soup
Considered to be the best in the country, bonito is also indispensable to Okinawan cuisine. In terms of our preparation process for Agu pork or Ishigaki Beef, we make a golden soup of carefully selected Bonito to highlight the taste of the meat.
• Locally-sourced Island Vegetables
Unique tastes exclusive to fresh, local Okinawan vegetables such as Handama, Bitter Gourd, Oka-Wakame etc.
Shima ShabuShabu NAKAMA
- B1 New Sun Parco Bldg. 3-3-1, Kumoji, Naha-shi, Okinawa 900-0015 Japan
- 1 minute walk from Kokusai-Dori Kencho Kitaguchi crossing, 3 minute walk from Prefectural Office Sta.
- Lunch 11:30AM-3:00PM (LO 2:00PM)
Dinner 5:00PM-0:00AM (LO 11:00PM)
- We are open everyday.